Outpatient Services Technician
Supervisor: GLC Coordinator – Outpatient.
Status: Non-exempt, full time.
Wage: $15.11 hourly, $16.68 hourly with Bachelor’s degree.
Number of Openings: Multiple.
Locations: Galesburg and Kalamazoo, MI.
Schedule: 8am-4:30 pm, 8am-1pm, 12pm-7pm, or 2pm-7pm.
New location opening in Kalamazoo in 2022!
- Provide instruction with respect to specific skill building goals.
- Provide supportive relationships with children and parents.
- Conduct treatment sessions and implement relevant treatment plan procedures such as: Pre-learner skills including sitting at a table, transitioning to various work stations, making eye contact; Preschool activities including matching, sorting, labeling, and communicating; Social skills including playing with adults and peers, appropriate toy play, interacting with peers; Academic skills.
- Where necessary, serve as the liaison between the parent and the clinician; communicate any necessary scheduling changes appropriately.
- Teach and support Individuals Served to complete the following as independently as possible, and assist or perform these tasks if the Individual cannot do so independently: Personal hygiene including toileting, bathing, brushing teeth, and other personal hygiene tasks; Self-care skills including dressing, eating, and communicating.
- Administer medications according to ROI procedures. Provide personal and/or medical assistance as needed.
- Teach and role model appropriate behaviors and daily living skills.
- Inform supervisor of problems or issues regarding Individuals Served or their environment.
- Understand the likes, dislikes, hopes, and dreams of Individuals Served and their families to support them as they make choices and progress toward their goals.
- Implement relevant health and safety protocols, including but not limited to CPR, first aid, and behavior protocols.
- Report to shifts, meetings, and trainings as scheduled and remain fully alert at all times.
- Complete documentation, including financial, billing, program, research, and agency-related data, as required by ROI policy and procedure and Supervisor’s instructions.
- Promote a positive image of ROI/Great Lakes and maintain general upkeep of the workplace, equipment, and vehicles to ROI standards.
- Advocate for and respect the rights of Individuals Served.
- Display responsible, conscientious behavior, and use good judgment in making decisions.
- Facilitate teamwork between all team members via open communication, responsibility sharing, and a cooperative attitude.
- Demonstrate flexibility as work schedules are adjusted as necessary to meet the needs of the individuals served.
- Transport Individuals Served as necessary if categorized as an ROI “driver.”
- Comply with all laws and regulations regarding reporting suspected abuse and neglect of vulnerable persons.
- Embrace and support ROI’s philosophies related to diversity, inclusiveness and anti-racism and work to ensure ROI’s commitment to being an anti-racist organization.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all restricted information, data, and reports.
Paid training is provided to all new hires. During your first few weeks of employment, you will take a number of in-person classes, virtual classes over Zoom, and self-paced online courses. Your supervisor will also schedule you for on-site orientations. Trainings include (but are not limited to): CPR/First Aid, nutrition, medication administration, crisis intervention, driving safety, and the legal rights and protections of Individuals Served. Trainings vary by position.
Requirements for Employment:
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must possess a High School diploma/GED. You will be required to provide proof of said education through original diploma or official transcripts.
The Individuals we serve are part of a vulnerable population. As such, and in accordance with Michigan law, all candidates are required to clear a criminal history check before employment. All candidates are also required to provide ROI with three (3) references and/or letters of reference before their first day.
- Ability to achieve and maintain required trainings and certifications including, but not limited to, medication certification, CPR & First Aid, and physical intervention techniques.
- Possess effective communication skills.
- Consistently arrive on time and as scheduled to the work site.
- Ability to intervene in behavioral crises and assist with a wide array of physical needs.
- Knowledge of how to operate basic home appliances and office equipment.
- Work independently in the absence of direct supervision.
- Demonstrate ability to appropriately communicate to families and support staff of Individuals Served.
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in at least 2 college courses relating to child/adolescent development, applied behavior analysis, psychology of learning, education and/or communication disorders.
- Approved driver status as determined by ROI.
Residential Opportunities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at ROI, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination based on any protected class status. Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all Policies and Procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discharge and all other terms and conditions of employment. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
ROI is covered under the MDHHS healthcare regulations. In an effort to keep us all safe, throughout the organization we are practicing social distancing to the extent possible, wearing masks, increasing surface cleaning and keeping ourselves apprised of Federal and State orders and recommendations. All staff will participate in a health screening prior to shift and masking where applicable.
Please fill out all fields below. Resumes and/or cover letters may be attached and/or emailed to email@example.com.
**PLEASE NOTE: There are TWO outpatient service program location. Please indicate which you are applying for in the “Position” section of the form below – Galesburg or Kalamazoo? If you have no preference, you do not have to add anything.**