You will also need to think about an "adult" physician for your child if he or she is currently with a pediatrician. If your child will have only Medicaid for insurance, you need to find a physician who will accept Medicaid. If you plan to apply for guardianship, you will need a current physical assessment of your child. There are several forms that must be filled out, and when you make the appointment for the physical, be as organized as you can be, as it makes the appointment go smoothly.