A Bridge Card (more commonly referred to as food stamps) helps pay for food. This is also applied for through the Michigan Department of Human Services. If your child has a supports coordinator through KCMHSAS, they can help you apply. You can also gather more information and apply yourself by visiting this website. The Bridge Card will pay for food but not personal items such as shampoo, laundry detergent, toilet paper, cleaning supplies and so forth. The staff who care for my son take his Bridge Card to do his shopping (he doesn't have to be with them). It's similar to a debit card, and you can tell the staff what the code is for the card.