Human Resources and Injury Reporting Specialist
Supervisor: Human Resources Director.
Status: Hourly non-exempt, full time.
Wage: $17 per hour, adjusted for relevant experience.
Number of Openings: One.
- Receive and process workplace injury reports, enter relevant injuries into the Worker’s Compensation Carrier’s database, and track treatment progress with relevant providers.
- Serve as the liaison in a professional manner with all Worker’s Compensation providers and all employees on issues pertaining to workplace injuries.
- Respond to questions relevant to Worker’s Compensation claims and complete mandatory reporting obligation to OSHA & MiOSHA.
- Coordinate the work of employees with work-related restrictions, including light duty work.
- Maintain employee injury reporting database and workplace injury files.
- Maintain and analyze employee injury and claims data to: determine trends and causes; report data to Directors; recommend solutions for preventable accidents; and identify and recommend changes to eliminate unsafe workplace practices and procedures.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the agency’s safety programs, and make recommendations based on such evaluations. 10. Develop, maintain, and facilitate communication of employee safety concerns, employee safety training, and other employee safety-related issues.
- Assist in the overall functioning of the HR Department and in Agency activities.
- Provide advanced technical and clerical assistance/support to the HR department and independently complete HR tasks of a more specialized nature.
- Conduct entry-level staff interviews and make recommendations for hire for applicants delegated by the HR Director.
- Cross train with and serve as back-up staff for Employee Benefits and other Human Resources Assistants and perform Employee onboarding functions as needed.
- Embrace and support ROI’s philosophies related to diversity, inclusiveness and anti-racism and work to ensure ROI’s commitment to being an anti-racist organization.
- Ensure that visitors and callers are dealt with in a professional manner.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all restricted data and reports.
- Complete all other tasks as assigned by the HR Director, the COO, or the CEO.
Requirements for Employment:
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years Human Resources background.
The Individuals we serve are part of a vulnerable population. As such, and in accordance with Michigan law, all candidates are required to clear a criminal history check before employment. All candidates are also required to provide ROI with three (3) references and/or letters of reference before their first day.
- Experience in entry level staff interviewing.
- Experience in workplace safety issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication, planning, presentation, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and database computer programs. Able to operate standard office equipment.
- Excellent collaborative and public relation skills, meeting client needs for satisfaction.
- Ability to independently complete work of a detailed nature.
- Ability to maintain complex, extensive and confidential records and files.
- Ability to prepare reports and compose correspondence independently.
- Ability to attend (including providing own transportation) work-related obligations throughout the State and community, including responsibilities outside of normal work hours.
Residential Opportunities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at ROI, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination based on any protected class status. Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all Policies and Procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discharge and all other terms and conditions of employment. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
ROI is covered under the MDHHS healthcare regulations. In an effort to keep us all safe, throughout the organization we are practicing social distancing to the extent possible, wearing masks, increasing surface cleaning and keeping ourselves apprised of Federal and State orders and recommendations. All staff will participate in a health screening prior to shift and masking where applicable.
Please fill out all fields below. Resumes and/or cover letters may be attached and/or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. A resume is strongly recommended for this position.