Human Resources Assistant II
Supervisor: Human Resources Director.
Status: Non-exempt, full-time.
Wage: $19.34 hourly, adjusted for experience.
Number of Openings: One.
Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Office setting.
- Assist in the overall functioning of the HR Department and in Agency activities.
- Provide advanced technical and clerical assistance/support to the HR department and independently complete HR tasks of a more specialized nature.
- Pre-screen and schedule applicants for interviews and conduct entry-level staff interviews and make recommendations for hire for pre-screened applicants delegated by the HR Director.
- Ensure and verify compliance with due diligence and/or pre-screening obligations for applicants, employees, tenants, volunteers, and/or individuals served by ROI; reschedule staff to later New Hire Orientation dates as necessary.
- Schedule required employee training.
- Track and provide information to ensure that employees are trained according to Program needs and ROI requirements.
- Participate in New Hire Orientation.
- Maintain employee database and personnel files.
- Audit personnel records for specialized contract compliance and produce accurate and timely reports for use by the HR Director and ROI personnel.
- Design recruitment materials and create social media content to reflect ongoing ROI recruitment and marketing strategies and participate in staff recruitment events.
- Cross train with and serve as back-up staff for Employee Benefits and other Human Resources Assistants.
- Ensure that visitors and callers are dealt with in a professional manner.
- Embrace and support ROI’s philosophies related to diversity, inclusiveness and anti-racism and work to ensure ROI’s commitment to being an anti-racist organization.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all restricted data and reports.
- Complete all other tasks as assigned by the HR Director, the COO, or the CEO.
Paid training is provided to all new hires. During your first few weeks of employment, you will take a number of in-person classes, virtual classes over Zoom, and self-paced online courses. Your supervisor will also schedule you for on-site orientations. Trainings include (but are not limited to): CPR/First Aid, nutrition, medication administration, crisis intervention, driving safety, and the legal rights and protections of Individuals Served. Trainings vary by position.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must possess a High School diploma/GED. You will be required to provide proof of said education through original diploma or official transcripts.
- U.S. Work Authorization.
- 2 years Human Resources experience.
- Approved driver status as determined by ROI preferred.
The Individuals we serve are part of a vulnerable population. As such, and in accordance with Michigan law, all candidates are required to clear a criminal history check before employment. All candidates are also required to provide ROI with three (3) references and/or letters of reference before their first day.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and database computer programs.
- Excellent collaborative and public relation skills.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to complete work of a detailed nature.
- Ability to communicate with the public at all levels & meet client needs for satisfaction.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to attend (including providing own transportation) work-related obligations throughout the community.
Residential Opportunities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at ROI, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination based on any protected class status. Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all Policies and Procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discharge and all other terms and conditions of employment. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please fill out all fields below. Resumes and/or cover letters may be attached and/or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.